a) A program that supports immigrants, refugees, and their families after trauma. We embrace strengths-based, holistic practices that recognize and build on inherent resilience. We offer accessible, culturally appropriate services that address trauma.
This is how we walk this journey with you.
- Trauma -Focused Therapy for all ages.
- Individual therapy for children and youth, with outreach available,
- Individual therapy for adults on site and family therapy,
- Parent support,
- Psycho-education workshops for individuals and their families and
- Social support groups
b) Case Coordination:
- Specialized and ongoing support to care for holistic needs of individuals and families
- Referrals to Settlement and community services
c) Volunteer Support
- Matched relationship between Canadian Volunteers and families who have been in Canada for less than a year
- Relationship fosters healing through practical support and friendship
- Weekly commitment for one year with training provided
d) Community Education
- Workshops, presentations and trainings for service providers and community members
- Hands-on information sessions about mental health awareness and promotion for groups of newcomers
e) First Language Support
- Services provided in first language through interpretation support as needed
- Consultation is available to professionals, community members and sponsors
- Contact the program to request a consultation. You will be put in contact with program staff who can meet your consultation needs